Skip to main content

How I want to start a Day my Way.

Well to keep this short.

I started my day with getting up early. And for me that's 5:45 am. I got into some clothes and made some space in the living room for some exercise. I usually practice HapKiDo as I did today. First some basic techniques and them some sword swings and combos. After about 25 min and getting sweaty I hit the shower, got dressed, turned on some of my favorite music, and made breakfast. Not much just a small portion of Muesli to get my metabolism started up.

So how does it feel? Well I know what most of you are thinking right now. "Oh, gosh, I could never get up that early, not mentioning doing exercise!" Well I was like that a few weeks ago as well. It takes some uptake on self discipline, which is doable.

There are a few things that helped me do this. A few blogs I read about productivity and life-hacking(why no links? Google your own I don't want to influence you on that). And Joe's Goals. I lets you track little achievements and mishaps in a very simple way. Looks kind of stupid at first but trust me it works(at least for me). I had used it for a couple of months before I really started benefiting from it.
I also took up testing a few GTD-tools (Getting things Done methodology by David Allen) I'll write about that later. You might have heard this from every other blog as well but it really helped my get my life organized and on track. If you thing you have ADD or something similar because you can't get things done and are procrastinating every other task all day long, chances are you might just be drowning in your own organizational mess.

So if you have been wanting to turn a few things around in your life, I hope this article gave you some starting points and some inspiration to finally do it.

How do you guys start your morning?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in my bag?

So lets see here. Johannes Kleske wrote on imgriff.com about sharing what's in your bag on a daily basis on his post . And called for other bloggers to share. I'll follow this one up right here. So what do I take with me every day? my MacBook including a Crumpler Gimp power brick and MDVI to VGA adapter for my MacBook Apple Remote for presentations old headphones from my 3G iPod some pens and a pencil & eraser my business cards a Moleskine for on the go notes my trusty point and shoot HP R717 Cables(cross-over Ethernet, power extention, USB cable for cam, audio jack with adapter a small 256MB USB stick for quick transfers ear plugs in case it gets really noisy where I am a spare pair of contact lenses and some eye drops some chap stick, tic tacs and winter green chewing gum, and some paper handkerchiefs a small "survival kit" with a lighter a knife and a flash light and a glow stick. (Although I have to leave the lighter and the knife at home when I go by plan

Dublin here I come

Irish Pubs, Dublin Originally uploaded by LauDeLyon I'll be in Dublin next week. I've never been to any part of Great Britain. I'm very excited to get to know the people and culture of this town. I'm traveling with my girlfriend and group of friends. We were trying to find a common date for a vacation for the last three or four years. I'm glad it finally happened. I hope I will also get a chance to see more than the typical tourist attractions.

You have to start sometime.

Well I guess I always wanted my own blog. I never seemed to find the time for it. Finally I have time. It's my birthday today. I'm very old now. :D Yes, at an age where I don't tell my age anymore. Well not really. I just don't want to admit becoming a year older again. I hope this new year starts of better than the last one ended. The last 3 weeks before my birthday a lot of my stuff started breaking. First my PC. It overheated because the fan stopped on me. Then I found out my RAM also broke. Yesterday, the chair in my office wanted to throw me on the floor as it broke down. Well, wish me luck.