Skip to main content

Installing Ruby 1.8.7 on Mountain Lion with rbenv

Trying to build ruby-1.8.7 with rbenv on Mountain Lion and getting something similar to:

tcltklib.c:9862: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘event’
 You need to install XQuartz first and then use the following CPPFLAGS evn-var. (Also won't hurt to throw proper readline support in there while we are at it (brew install readline first):
CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/X11/include/ RUBY_CONFIGURE_OPTS=--with-readline-dir=`brew --prefix readline` rbenv install 1.8.7-p374

Hope that helps you. If anything is a future reference point to myself :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dublin here I come

Irish Pubs, Dublin Originally uploaded by LauDeLyon I'll be in Dublin next week. I've never been to any part of Great Britain. I'm very excited to get to know the people and culture of this town. I'm traveling with my girlfriend and group of friends. We were trying to find a common date for a vacation for the last three or four years. I'm glad it finally happened. I hope I will also get a chance to see more than the typical tourist attractions.

Japan

THE BROKEN TORII on the SHORES OF LAKE HARUNA, JAPAN Originally uploaded by Okinawa Soba

A day in New York City

2012/10/16 - New York City, New York, United States of America NY, NY, you just never know what might happen. I was traveling to my airbnb host's place. I just got off the subway at 2nd Ave on the F line. And headed down Allen St. towards Stranton St. And I saw the film crews. Fuck yeah—I thought to myself. These are the things that make me love New York so much. You just walk down the street suspecting nothing and then next minute there's something happening around the next corner. They were filming infront of TMS (The Meatball Shop). It was Celebrity-Meatballs time. I figured I'd hang around once I saw the all cameras around. Next thing you know there is there is thunder rolling down the street. Orange County Choppers thunder that is. They were driving up Allen St. and pulled into Stranton St. with three custom bikes. A lot of commotion and everybody was looking. Guess that's the point of all the noise they were making. I used to watch the show often a while